Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lovely day, lovelier bride :)



On Saturday, March 20 one of my dearest friends was married to her Prince Charming. The very skies seemed to smile their approval of the joyous occasion. It was a perfectly glorious day--sunny and 70 degrees with a slight breeze--on the first day of spring. The kind of day you simply want to step outside, stretch out your arms and inhale deeply. And maybe spin around in circles, soaking in the delightful early spring sunlight. Given how entirely unpredictable spring is in East Tennessee--especially early spring--I have no doubt our Father hand picked the weather just for Sarah (and Jonathan). It was perfect. :)



It has been a joy to watch their love story come together over the past year and it was truly a pleasure to watch the culmination of that as the two became one. I know God has great plans for them--as individuals, yes, but also as a couple. And I can't wait to see how he uses them together! I felt the presence of God strongly throughout that entire day. There was truly a tangible joy and peace present in every element of the day. I know that God was looking down from heaven, smiling.



And I have to say, Harvest receptions are the best I've ever attended. They are so much fun! My friend Wendy does such a great job of coordinating the refreshments! I've been to weddings before that featured catered meals or buffets at the reception, and if you can afford that, that's fine. The food is great and I'm sure it is much easier to handle. But honestly, I think it is more fun to pitch in and throw a reception as a church. I love to bake, so preparing baked goods for the reception is a joy to me. And I like feeling like I'm helping my friends achieve the special day of their dreams.






The entertainment also is great. The dancing is fun to watch and participate in (even if I'm not the greatest dancer). Some people at Harvest can really bust a move!




It truly was a God-kissed day. I know that God has great things planned for Jonathan and Sarah and I can't wait to see what he will do in and through them in this next chapter of their lives!

1 comment:

MrsWendy said...

Lovely post Liz! Simply lovely! :-) What a happy day Sarah & Jonathan's wedding was! And thanks for the compliments on the reception too! It brings me great, delightful joy to organize things of that nature. And Harvest Ladies are awesome cooks! Thanks again for the yummy muffins & breads that you baked! It was such a special day. Thanks again for the loving reminder of that happy, wonderful, memorable day! Love you Liz!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14