Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Fall!

We switched over to fall at approximately 11:09 last night, so this is the first full day of the new season. I hope you had to chance to catch a glimpse of the "harvest moon" last night. It was gorgeous!

Unfortunately, although the calendar says it is fall, it certainly doesn't feel like it around here. We're still pushing 90-degree temperatures. But I know the cooler temperatures will be here soon. (I *LOVE* the 60 and 70-degree temperatures of fall!)

I enjoy the changing of the seasons each time they roll around, but fall brings a special excitement with it. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing! God's creation puts on quite a beautiful show here in East Tennessee during the fall season!

And of course, there are plenty of other perks to autumn: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, lovely autumn-scented candles, hot apple cider, bonfires, relaxing by the fireplace... so much to enjoy! :)

I hope you have a great first full day of fall and enjoy the entire season to the max!

The Great Smoky Mountains National Park before the leaves peaked in fall 2008

No comments:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14