Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Give Our Georgia Friends a Drink Day"

As someone who is closely following all of the news in the Georgia/Tennessee border dispute, I found this newest twist in the story interesting. According to knoxnews.com, Chattanooga Mayor Ron Littlefield is sending a truckload of bottled water down to the Georgia legislature along with "a declaration offering a 'cool, wet kiss of friendship.'" Littlefield said he means it all as a joke, although I believe there may perhaps be a subtle message as well. Namely, Tennessee is sorry for the serious lack of water Georgia is facing as the result of the drought, but don't even think about messing with our border.

No comments:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14