Friday, October 31, 2008

It's almost the most wonderful time of the year

I *love* Christmas.

So much so, I'm a firm believer that it is too good of a "season" to be celebrated strictly in late-November and December alone.

Inevitably, mid-October--if not sooner--I start getting excited about Christmas. Yep. Call me a freak, but I really do.

I listen to Christmas music pretty much year around. Well, at least some of it. The more traditional or strictly winter-related carols I tend to save for the actual Christmas season--as well as some of my favorite CDs. But I listen to a lot of non-traditional Christmas music pretty regularly throughout the year.

I walked through the Christmas section in Target on Sunday and could feel my excitement growing. I love the decorations, the lights, the music, the focus on our Savior's birth (or at least superficial focus--it's debateable how much focus people in our nation really have on the birth of Christ) --it's all wonderful! So I could feel the smile on my face growing as I took it all in while I strolled down the aisles.

This is about the time of year that I begin to dream of curling up with a warm blanket and a cup of cocoa and watching "It's a Wonderful Life." Or other classics such as "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "White Christmas." I also look forward to watching newer favorites such as "The Nativity Story" and "The Christmas Shoes."

I'm already excited about Christmas celebrations with friends, putting up the tree, decorating the house, Christmas gift shopping, and the list goes on. And this year, because I have a Dollywood pass, I have at least a couple of trips to the Dollywoood Christmas Celebration to look forward to. I *love* going up there during that time period. It's so beautiful!

Ah, so much Christmas joy to look forward to! It'll be here before we know it!

Me standing in front of our Christmas tree last year

Be watching for more blog entries related to Christmas as the actual season arrives! :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

You're not the only one getting excited about Christmas today! We went shopping today for christmas presents, for Isaac. And I wanted to get absolutely everything...but 20% off only goes so far haha.

Hannah Nichole Atchley said...

I'm also VERY excited about Christmas. My excitement has dwindled away some since about two weeks ago.. But, I'm still pumped

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14