Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life-saving dolphin aids whales

The dolphin is my favorite animal. A quick little known fact about me: I wanted to be a marine biologist for a couple of years as a preteen. I love the ocean and ocean life, so I thought it would be cool to study it for a living. Those of you who know me can go ahead and laugh. Don't worry, I changed my mind about marine biology. While I like studying marine biology (and general biology as well), I figured if I couldn't stand the thought of being out on the ocean in a small to medium-sized boat then I probably shouldn't major in it.

Crushed career dreams aside, I still think dolphins are amazing creatures. Not only are the cute, funny and intelligent, but occasionally they have been proven to save lives. As I was browsing through MSNBC.com earlier trying to see what was happening around the nation and the world, I stumbled upon this article. Apparently a dolphin in New Zealand helped lead two stranded pygmy sperm whales, a mother and her calf, to safety. How sweet. Dolphins prove their intelligence and compassion once again!

No comments:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14