Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break is over

Yesterday marked the return to school after a wonderful Spring Break. *sigh* I had an absolute blast. I didn't travel anywhere and didn't do anything "spectacular," yet this was the greatest spring break ever. So what was so special? I spent lots of time with the greatest friends on the face of the earth. With an extra Friday on break this year, I was able to spend the majority of two weekends, and some time in between, with my closest circle of friends. I savored every minute of it. It felt great to be able to meet a friend for dinner, watch a movie, walk around downtown with a group of friends, and so forth without having to worry about assignments. What a godsend! I really didn't want to come back this week.

Also, it seems that in recent weeks I have grown closer to a few of my friends and felt a stronger connection with them--making the quality time I spent with them over spring break even more precious. That is the primary reason I did not want to return to school. Don't get me wrong--I absolutely love learning. I really do. I always have and I always will. But I'm ready to take it outside the confines of a university and begin real-life learning. I only have one more year of school left and only six more weeks in this semester, but I am so ready for it to be over. I'm ready to take what I've learned in class and actually apply it. But I'm also ready to be able to spend my spare time with my friends and family, not poring over books for class. While doing well in class will help me in my future job, it's not my GPA that will matter at the end of my life. It's my walk with Christ, the relationships I've formed and the people that have been by my side throughout this crazy experience we call life. That's what counts. And that's what I celebrated over break.

No comments:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14