Friday, December 30, 2011

Stay tuned...

It's the end of the year. The time when most people, including myself, take time to look back over the past 12 months and ponder the unknown adventures the next 52 weeks will hold.

That state of reflection is where I've found myself for about the past week. While I wouldn't say that I make "New Year's resolutions," I do find it healthy for me to write down some goals I want to achieve in the coming year. I may not be that old, but I've already learned that I flounder around and end up frazzled and confused without vision and focus. I need direction and I have to be working toward a goal at any given time. That's true of everyone to an extent, but my DNA seems to especially require it. It doesn't have to be a massive undertaking, it can be something small, but I need to be working toward something.

So at the start of each new year, I set a few goals. Some very specific, some general. Some for fun and some that will take work, but ultimately lead to improvement in a particular skill or area of my life. Some don't happen and that's okay. Others change and evolve as the year goes on and end up looking entirely different than what I first set out to achieve. That's fine, too. In fact, it's usually better that way. God's plans are always better than mine.

One thing I've decided for sure is that 2012 needs to hold more writing and blogging. Writing is ingrained into the fibers of my being and I did very little of it (outside of work) in 2011. And that's gotta change.

So... stay tuned. I hope to give my blog a makeover and return to blogging on a regular basis in the near future.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Sheila Atchley said...

Sa-WEET! "she's baaaaaack!" Can't wait to read more, here on your blog, Liz!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14