Tuesday, September 9, 2008

As the rain comes down from heaven

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

- Isaiah 55:10-11




"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants."

- Deuteronomy 32:2




"He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."

- Psalm 147:8




"How beautiful is the rain!
After the dust and heat,
In the broad and fiery street,
In the narrow lane,
How beautiful is the rain!"

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "Rain in Summer"

No comments:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14