Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rain, rain, go away!

I've tried to keep a positive attitude about it, but...I'm sick of rain!


Granted, we need the rain. (My attempt at a positive outlook.) Even though we managed to break even in rainfall for 2008 (thanks in large part to a very wet December!), experts say we really need a couple of years of surplus to make up for the nearly 14-inch deficit in rainfall we experienced in 2007. Although they do caution that to be most effective it really needs to come in the form of a slow, steady shower--not the heavy downpours we've experienced of late.


But in my opinion, the overabundance of rain we've seen lately, while it has its purpose, needs to move on. I need some sunshine! (Actually, the earth does too, to avoid more flooding problems.)


The world simply seems like a happier place when the sun is shining. Winter is usually dull enough after the holidays without the added frustration of days of cloudy skies and perpetually wet conditions.


So I'm thankful to finally see a seven-day forecast predicting at least a few of days where we'll have a high chance of seeing the sun. It doesn't look like the sun will provide any warmth...but hey, beggers can't be choosers. It is winter, after all. I'll take the cold conditions as long as they're paired with sunshine! :)



1 comment:

Sheila Atchley said...

Liz, I am so completely, totally WITH YOU on this one. I'm done. I'm so done with rain. My heart, emotions, mind, and outlook really needs some sunshine.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14